It’s been an amazing week at CJP! Maddie did great transitioning to a new morah. Here are some snapshots of what we’ve done in the Yellow Room:
I
n “Maddie’s words” :
The theme this week was Chanukah. I listened to a variety of Chanukah songs. I very much enjoy “clapping” to the different tunes! Picking up from where Morah Jac left off, we continued to work on the vocabulary words: ma ma, da da. I love to feel the movement of the lips as the words are spoken. The sign language: this week is: “more”
Auditory:
During daily activities, morah tells me about what we’re doing and waits for my response. Usually in the form of smiles or sounds. Morah Anna says: “Part of language skill development is to imitate sounds and gestures we see and hear. Maddie is vocal and loves to hear me imitate her sounds! It encourages her efforts to communicate.”
Songs Morah sang to me this week:
Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel. I love seeing the big Dreidel spin!
Visual:
We saw various pictures in books, pointing to and talking about each picture .
I was mesmerized by the bright blue lights morah brought to the classroom. I was intrigued by this new exciting item and decided to crawl over and see for myself what it was that was shining so beautifully and bright! I touched , pulled and tried to taste but morah stopped me from tasting it.
Oh how I love to see faces! I love to see and feel as well. This week morah showed me the “nose” as she touched mine. Then she let me climb on her lap to touch her nose! She also taught me about the mouth. Mmmm-mouth
The book she read me made more sense after that!
Motor skills:
Some skills we worked on this week included: exploratory cruising. Morah says that the best way to learn about our environment is to crawl and explore by touching, feeling, sucking (on safe , clean things, of course) and pulling/ pushing. Dropping the block tower was interesting . I loved to see morah stack them back up only so I would drop it all over again! Also, I made an attempt to climb on the slide this week. I moved my way around it. With morah’s help, I was able to do it!
Waving and clapping was also part of our activities. We love to clap to the song: Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel as well as other Chanukah tunes.
Turning the pages on books is a favorite while morah is reading.
Books we read this week included:
1. My First Chanukah
2. Chanukah
3. Baby Faces
Social/Language skills:
As mentioned above, we’re working on the words: Ma ma, da da. I love to see the lip movement as those words are spoken. I also love to feel the movement with my own hands!
Peekaboo brings tons of smiles to my face. I love this game. It’s best when said with tons of enthusiasm! Morah is teaching me to blow kisses. Very soon I will be blowing kisses to mama and dada when I say good-bye!
It is such a pleasure to be part of baby Maddie’s learning adventures. I’m super excited and looking forward to spending the next couple months learning with Maddie❤️.
P.s. I always appreciate suggestions and/or advice as to better serve Maddie’s needs.
Shabbat Shalom,
Morah Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment